|Position:||Ops Supervisor Landfill|
|Job Location(s):||Lowell, IN|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Experience:||1 to 20+ years|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Management and Supervision, Production - Management, Production - Plant/System Operators|
|Ops Supervisor Landfill|
|4143: Lake County C&D Development|
|18213: Lowell-10209 W 181St Ave|
|Within a division, the Operations Supervisor - Landfill is responsible for supervising a team of Lead Operators, Operators and/or General Laborers who contribute to the efficient operation of the landfill. The Operations Supervisor - Landfill is responsible for ensuring that fill sequencing plans are adhered to, density goals are achieved and that the landfill is operated in a manner consistent with the stipulated applicable permit. The Operations Supervisor works with the Operations Manager and General Manager to implement tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The Operations Supervisor ensures adherence to all accident prevention programs and leads operations to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other standards. Responsibilities include the execution and delivery of Safety, Customer Experience, and Efficiency while supporting a culture of employee engagement.|
* Understand and provider leadership to achieve and communicate about safety goals and objectives.
* Work to remove unsafe conditions or situations from or related to the landfill.
* Partner with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
* Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and safety program.
* Engage assigned employees in active participation to instill a culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe operations and active personal outreach to operational employees.
* Provide service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer expectations with regard to the entire customer experience.
* Resolve unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and schedule changes with timely communications to all stakeholders.
* Interact with customers to solve and rectify any issues and improve the overall customer experience.
* Serve as a positive representative of the Company to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.
* Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established and agreed plans.
* Execute other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the division's budgeted goals.
* Understand, support and execute service delivery while actively supporting maintenance and the operational role in fleet quality and maintenance.
* Create a collaborative, communicative team environment and drive employee engagement with the Company.
* Build and develop talent on the team, understand employees' career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for advancement with the Company.
* Perform other job related duties as needed or assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
|* High school diploma or G.E.D.|
| * Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisory experience.|
* Participation in the Company's management trainee program.
* Bachelor's degree in a business related field.
* Previous experience in the waste services industry.
* Class A or B CDL license with air brakes endorsement.
* Experience in labor relations.
* State certification as required by regulation for landfill supervision.
| * Able to direct large staff.|
* Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
* Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
* Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
* Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
* Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
* Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams.
|Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.|