Leidos Military Family Licensed Counselors have openings for School embedded counselors (grade school, middle school and high school) at multiple locations in Asia.
The School embedded counselor positions have the primary responsibility of providing the full breadth of Child and Youth Behavioral (CYB) counseling services to children of all ages of military service members and their families at DoDEA schools and community schools.
These positions are contingent upon contract award and will be located in various OCONUS areas.
*** This role is based in multiple locations: Osan AB South Korea, USAG Camp Humphreys South Korea, USAG Daegu South Korea, CFAC Yokosuka Japan, Yokota AB Japan, CFAC Sasebo Japan, Misawa AB Japan, Kadena AB Japan, MCAS Iwakuni Japan, Camps SD Butler Japan, NAF Atsugi Japan, Joint Region Marianas Guam, NSA Bahrain***
- Provide a full scope of Child and Youth Behavioral Health (CYB) services to children dependents of military service members and their families at DoDEA schools and community schools, military installations throughout the U.S. and at select installations in Europe and Asia
- Provide services include non-medical counseling, training, and health and wellness presentations Provide consultation with parents, personnel at child daycare centers and schools
- Provide consultations with parent and personnel at child daycare centers and schools
- Provide consultation to the installation command staff regarding behavioral issues affecting children and youth
- CYB MFLCs serving in schools for an average of nine-month assignments (based on local school calendars)
- CYB counselors may also be assigned to youth programs, summer camps, and on-demand assignments
- Minimum of a Master's Degree (MA/MS/MBA) with study in Behavioral Health
- Minimum of 4-5 years of post-masters supervised clinical experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a school setting
- Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused child and youth counseling methods
- CYB counselors must meet the MFLC CYB criteria for experience with children and youth and specialty in child and adolescent development/psychology
- Minimum 1 year MFLC experience for OCONUS assignments
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with the military culture
- Bilingual capabilities preferred