The Sanitation Coordinator is responsible for providing technical and leadership support to the Sanitation Department by training team members, and maintaining sanitation equipment. The Sanitation Coordinator works closely with the Sanitation Team to effectively plan and execute work schedules, as well as, provide leadership to the Sanitation Team.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists in distributing the workload to the Sanitation Team and Operation Sanitation Team as defined by the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Responsible for tracking and training of new and existing employees on proper sanitation procedures and safety training.
- Maintains proper function of sanitation equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as, assuring the adequate inventories of PPE are kept available at all times.
- Utilizes powered cleaning equipment that may include lift truck, scissors lift, power washer, foam applicators, automatic compactors and various non-mechanized equipment.
- Follows safety rules including but not limited to safe lifting, lock out/tag out wearing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), following l Safety Data Sheets, proper disassembly and reassembly of equipment.
- Assists in plant cleaning as described by the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Maintains general housekeeping in all areas of the plant.
- Participates in all necessary safety training, team development programs, and plant initiatives.
- Performs other job related projects, duties and assignments as directed.
- Where applicable and in absence of the Supervisor, the employee is responsible for pre-op or post sanitation inspections.
- Must be capable of performing the work of a Sanitation Technician.
- Monitors, tracks, and documents chemical usage within the plant.
- Mixes/Handles chemical concentrates.
- Inputs chemical concentrates in to excel.
- Creates/Updates Standard Operating Procedures.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
Coordinator will direct and coach team members but does not have disciplinary or budgetary responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing Practices and industry standard cleaning procedures.
- Knowledgeable of HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points), allergens and pest control required.
- Attention to detail and a sense of urgency in matters of food safety required.
- Basic knowledge of the function and operation of sanitation equipment required in order to trouble-shoot problems.
- SQF (Safe Quality Food) Certification a plus.
- Understanding of the basic functions of all production required to complete sanitation procedures.
- Skills and/or ability to gain knowledge of proper sanitary design for equipment (preferred).
- Skills and /or ability to acquire and maintain power lift equipment certification (lift truck, scissor lift).
Education and Experience
High School Diploma; a minimum of 3 years in a food processing manufacturing environment working within Sanitation/Quality is required. A minimum of 3 years' experience, AIB-type courses and certificates and pest control certification preferred.
Limited travel may be required for Sanitation Coordinator (i.e. continuing education, special projects, but is expected to be less than 10% of the time.