The Flavor Operator, under the general supervision, is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of appropriate seasoning coverage on product.
Essential Job Duties
- Monitors and replenishes seasoning and/or toppings on overhead to ensure proper seasoning coverage on product.
- Properly plans ahead for product/seasoning changeovers to efficiently change from one product item to another.
- Keeps tumblers/scales and work areas clean, wipes equipment down in accordance to the allergen program.
- Prepares tumblers/machines for re-work of product.
- Immediately reports any equipment problems to the maintenance team.
- If qualified, operates machinery if necessary.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection.
- Stores supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction; removes trash from work area floor.
- Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Works with QA to ensure product is in specification.
- Participates in sensory testing.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Candidate must be comfortable communicating to team members and management staff.
- Candidate will be trained and must be able to perform all job functions within the department at any given time.
- Prerequisite: Complete training and any applicable examinations.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Where applicable, Forklift Certification obtained.
Minimal travel may be required.