If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position offers an exciting opportunity within UnitedHealth Group's Enterprise Sourcing & Procurement group for an experienced contracting professional. The role will support a collaborative, constituent-based approach to advancing the integrity, quality, competitiveness and agility of UnitedHealth Group.
The Senior Sourcing & Procurement Consultant will develop and execute Clinical Services-related supplier solutions for unique and challenging customer needs across UnitedHealth Group entities. We are looking for a proven professional who can solve complex problems and successfully deliver on initiatives that will often have broad and meaningful impact on the business.
Working with the Clinical Services team in Sourcing & Procurement, your main functions will include Category Management, Strategic Sourcing and Contract Negotiations.
- Draft, review and negotiate terms of agreements with Suppliers to optimize commercial outcomes, drive risk mitigation and ensure compliance with internal and regulatory protocols
- Understand stakeholders needs and facilitate the negotiation of requirements among multiple stakeholders
- Analyze current market trends, forecast future performance, identify value creating or cost savings opportunities and make procurement recommendations
- Proactively monitor and analyze performance and trends within categories in order to identify and highlight issues and opportunities that support the business
- Contribute to the development of improved strategic sourcing strategies
- Collect and evaluate information about potential suppliers
- Develop, implement and execute strategic sourcing practices, processes and techniques across multiple business segments
- Manage the evaluation, administration, and selection of Clinical Service suppliers (prevention/wellness, patient care services, behavioral health, remote patient monitoring, digital health, etc.)
- Develop, execute and maintain consistent sourcing strategies, working toward a consolidated strategic supply base
- Identify opportunities, make recommendations and obtain agreement for re-sourcing and re-negotiation of on-going supplier relationships and execute on the same
- Develop negotiation strategies and leading complex negotiations and direct supplier sourcing
- Document cost reduction achievements across business segments
- Meet project timelines at the customer and corporate levels
- Leverage Ariba platform (Procure-to-Pay, Sourcing and Contracting) to drive process efficiencies and reduce costs
- The ideal candidate will have developed very strong contracting skills, through experience in indirect procurement services and/or through a legal education. This will ideally include technical sourcing skills, including internal and external negotiation, contracting, and securing savings for the organization
- Successful candidates will be proven self-starters, able to maintain a high level of client focus and adapt to a rapidly changing environment, with excellent organizational, project management and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to interface with multiple levels of management, including senior management and executive leadership at both procurement and business unit levels
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- 4+ years of experience constructing, drafting, and negotiating complex statements of work
- Experience developing strategies to support contracting and risk mitigation activity
- Strong analytical skills (effectively supports decisions on factual data and analysis) and problem solving skills
- Consultative and influencing skills in order to gain buy-in and support of customers and leadership in a matrixed environment
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point)
- Experience analyzing contracts and spend data to support the development of sourcing and contracting strategies
- Knowledge of HIPAA and related requirements
- Experience in health insurance or managed care industry
- Clinical contracting and/or sourcing experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Sourcing & Procurement Consultant, Clinical Services, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota