Extruded Solutions is Hydro's largest and most global business area. Our Business Area supplies aluminum profiles and profile-based solutions in various applications ranging from windows and furniture to cars and cruise ships. Within Extruded Solutions, we have business area staff functions based in Oslo, but we also have four core business units; Extrusion Europe, Extrusion North America, Building Systems and Precision Tubing.
Job Location: North Liberty, IN
Summary: This position accomplishes the organizational objectives by safely manufacturing, packaging, and shipping high quality products to our customers on time.
- Place safety first.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities.
- Safely and efficiently operates assigned equipment or machine.
- Lifts and stacks product.
- Maintains efficiency standards set for assigned area.
- Maintains good housekeeping of work areas.
- Accurately record numbers or lengths of units handled or moved.
- Little to no previous work-related skills, knowledge, or experience is needed.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is helpful, but not required.
- Prior experience operating mobile equipment including a forklift or Combi is helpful, but not required.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, divide, multiply)
- Must be able to use a calculator
- Must be able to read a tape measure
Education and Work Requirements:
- Manufacturing Experience desirable; the ability to work any shift is required
- Ability to communicate effectively, with fluency in English preferred
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work long hours as needed in seasonal temperatures.
- This is a union facility represented by UAW.
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
- Hourly Wage - $16.16 to $16.72
At Hydro you're part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Please apply before: 09/01/2020
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing .