Extruded Solutions is Hydro's largest and most global business area. Our Business Area supplies aluminum profiles and profile-based solutions in various applications ranging from windows and furniture to cars and cruise ships. Within Extruded Solutions, we have business area staff functions based in Oslo, but we also have four core business units; Extrusion Europe, Extrusion North America, Building Systems and Precision Tubing.
Job Location: North Liberty, IN
This role is accountable for supervising, controlling, assigning, reviewing of work activities. Maintaining plant equipment, machinery, and related facilities. This position will report directly to the Maintenance Manager of Hydro North Liberty.
- Ensure all EHS regulatory obligations relating to operating duties are complete and in consultation with the site EHS managers required by the relevant regulations or permit.
- Plan, prioritize, assign and supervise the work of the crew responsible for maintenance of the facility.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing maintenance and repair services; identify resource needs; allocate resources accordingly.
- Supervise Routine Maintenance including PM plans and preservation activities such as lubrication, inspections, testing and PDM.
- Address back log relief, investigate issues, repair and restoration activities. Maintain schedule by priority.
- Emergency response, immediate action to address breakdowns and other conditions. Streamline associated repair costs and job execution.
- Supervise work preparation to reduce unplanned downtime, assure the craftsmen wrench time is optimized, lead crew to deliver effectively.
- Participate in problem solving sessions between extrusion and maintenance to eliminate repetitive failures. Review equipment history files.
- Train the maintenance crew in all EHS procedures.
- Maintain continuous training for self, direct reports and craftsmen crew. Maintain skill matrix consistently
- Work in partnership with Operation/Production supervisor collaboratively, negotiate, and engage to deliver maximum compliance of the maintenance strategy.
- Pairs with operations, dedicated and focused in critical equipment.
- AC/DC drives
- Blue-print reading
- Troubleshoot PLC Controls
- PLC Programming
- Electronic Control Systems
- Three-phase Power and Motor Controls
- Working knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics
Education and Work Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years manufacturing experience (3 years must be maintenance plant equipment OR Associate degree or equivalent with minimum of 3 years in maintenance organization as supervisor
- Must have good communications skills
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
At Hydro you're part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Please apply before: 11/06/2020
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing .