Extruded Solutions is Hydro's largest and most global business area. Our Business Area supplies aluminum profiles and profile-based solutions in various applications ranging from windows and furniture to cars and cruise ships. Within Extruded Solutions, we have business area staff functions based in Oslo, but we also have four core business units; Extrusion Europe, Extrusion North America, Building Systems and Precision Tubing.
Job Location: North Liberty, IN
This position requires the ability to work with area managers, supervisors, maintenance technicians, equipment suppliers, and set-up personnel to program and maintain all the equipment used in production. This position will direct and lead the maintenance team members on the shift.
- Work safely and ensure the safety of all team members
- Ensure the proper safeguarding of all production equipment. No equipment to be used or commissioned into service unless ALL safety guards and interlocks are in place
- Maintain high level of housekeeping and 5s, ensuring maintenance area is clean and clear of obstructions.
- Set up, program, engineer and operate all maintenance equipment
- Assist/direct maintenance associates as needed on high level maintenance issues.
- Assist engineering with new equipment designs, modifications and installations, including project management of machine upgrades, modifications or new installations
- Provide PLC troubleshooting and programming to support all plant equipment
- Properly update, document and maintain all PLC programs.
- Analyze production data, implementing and sustaining improvements in all facets of the
extrusion, anodizing and fabrication processes to meets/exceeds production goals.
- Prioritize maintenance related workloads in accordance with production schedule demands
- Ensure PM schedule is being met and all projects are completed on time by working with
production and scheduling to complete jobs
- Research and requisition parts and equipment in SAP.
- Record work in MVP. Achieving 85% of work documented in MVP
- Direct and lead the Maintenance TM's on the shift.
- When conditions dictate, overtime will be required (with little or no prior notification)
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting and programming of PLC's, specifically Allen Bradley
- Ability to convert relay logic to PLC's
- Ability to calibrate temperature probes, pressure sensors, pyrometers, etc.
- Extensive knowledge in troubleshooting and repairing of pneumatic and hydraulic operated machinery, equipment, complex electrical circuits and systems
- Ability to read and troubleshoot from schematics
- Fluency in English, any other language is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams and all levels of the workforce
Education and Work Requirements:
- 5-10 years maintenance experience required
- Technical degree or extensive relative PLC training with experience is required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
At Hydro you're part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Please apply before: 09/04/2020
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing .