Extruded Solutions is Hydro's largest and most global business area. Our Business Area supplies aluminum profiles and profile-based solutions in various applications ranging from windows and furniture to cars and cruise ships. Within Extruded Solutions, we have business area staff functions based in Oslo, but we also have four core business units; Extrusion Europe, Extrusion North America, Building Systems and Precision Tubing.
Job Location: North Liberty, IN
The main responsibility is to assist to ensure parts to be manufactured for various customers according to specifications following direction of the supervisor and manager. Assist department so that parts are manufactured in a safe and timely manner while meeting the customers’ quality and packing standards to insure on-time delivery
- Safety is #1 priority; a condition of employment which entails following and enforcing plant-wide safety procedures, environmental regulations and guidelines for the safety of all employees and for the environment.
- Deliver production team plans towards safety, quality, cost and delivery.
- Direct and train hourly employees in set-up, operation of machinery, manufacturing processes, inspection methods, quality requirements and efficient production of aluminum extrusion in a safe work environment.
- Meet the production schedules within scheduled requirements.
- Direct and motivate employees through the review of processes, procedures and productivity at all operations.
- Leadership of production Team to achieve the benefit of the company’s production system.
- Keeps metal spaced and moving across cooling table, to ensure no damage to metal and allow sufficient cooling time. Never drags metal across table or stretches material when it is hot.
- Keeps billets straight behind press and ensures their passage into the billet heater.
- Checks to ensure alloys and cast numbers are correct on incoming billet.
- Monitors metal during stretching for quality by using micrometers, calipers, straight edges, gages etc.
- Knows and obeys all safety rules regarding press procedures and operations.
- Acts as backup to all press positions.
- Work from Work Instructions, write legibly and count accurately.
- Maintains a good quality cut. Understands saw blade style and how to troubleshoot common problems.
- Self-motivated and ability to read and understand process sheets and follow written instructions.
- Have understanding of extrusion tolerances.
- Communicates and works well with fellow employees of all levels in a Team effort.
- Utilize safety equipment, respect break periods, and maintain clean and tidy work area.
- Able to work with limited supervision and in a cooperative team spirit.
- Comply with all applicable requirements of the Quality Management System and the Environmental Management System.
- Must be able to meet minimum physical requirements.
- Must be able to work in fast paced stressful environment.
- Ability to comply with all safety requirements.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with subordinates, co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- Must be able to understand and follow all instruction; both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work with other team members and departments.
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus Plan Eligibility
- Parental Leave
At Hydro you're part of a bigger story. A story shaped by you.
Please apply before: 10/23/2020
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
If you need an accommodation in order to complete the application, please let us know by completing .