Tosca is looking to hire a full-time Forklift Driver. If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, apply today!Tosca is an essential business with NO plant closings, furloughs, or business cutbacks.
- All COVID Clean plants
- Pay Range: $13.75-$16.50 perhour (Daily Pay available)
- Monthly Production Incentive Bonus
- Opportunity for promotion after 90 days
- Shift Differential (2nd & 3rd shift) $.25
- Paid holidays, gap holidays, paid time off (PTO), paid maternity and paternity leave
- Steel Toe Boots reimbursement program
- Fitness Reimbursement program
- Medical, vision, short-term disability, dental, a health reimbursement account (HSA), a flexible spending account (FSA), an employee assistance program (EAP), a 401(k) plan with a 6% match with immediate vesting, education reimbursements, referral incentives, performance recognition, company parties, and more.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FORKLIFT OPERATOR
The forklift driver maintains production flow to and from the production line and coordinates inbound and outbound loads to meet production needs and customer orders. This position is required to meet Tosca standards in the areas of productivity, quality, safety, and food safety.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS):
- Download incoming shipments and fill out all documentation and entry procedures appropriately
- Load outgoing shipments and fill out all documentation and outbound procedures appropriately
- Move production inventory when loading and unloading inbound and outbound lines, as well as the sorting process in a safe, accurate, and timely manner.
- Manage the inventory rotation process (tag and date rows, etc.)
- Inspect incoming loads for any quality concerns or issues and report issues to management
- Follow safe stacking procedures.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining accurate inventory counts
- Move tractors and trailers in the yard.
- Help train new forklift drivers.
- When the forklift is not needed, work on the production line or support the service center's management in other activities, as indicated.
- Available for on-call calls for loads arriving after business hours or on weekends, and having the flexibility to work overtime based on production demands
- Arrive early to help prepare production lines when allowed
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Inspect the forklift and complete inspection checklists. Notify the Maintenance department of any necessary repairs
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION:
- Relevant operation skills of material handling equipment such as forklifts, tractors, and trailers
- Forklift experience 2+ years actively operating a forklift desired
- Relevant warehousing experience
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written)
- Comfortable in a fast, customer-driven, change-focused environment
- Good judgment and decision-making ability
- Team player who works productively in a group setting or alone
- Demonstrated high integrity and ethical standards
- Manage time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Physical ability to drive a forklift
- Must be able to stand 8-12 hours on a concrete floor
- Ability to work in a warm climate
- Manual manipulation of containers (assemble or collapse RPCs by continuous bending of wrists)
- Reaching, bending, and twisting frequently
- Ability to work at a production conveyor line
- Must be able to see labels on totes and inspect totes for quality concerns
- Ability to distinguish different totes, including color and size
- Lift up to 7lbs on a frequent and continuous basis
- Lift up to 30lbs on a regular basis
- Regular above the shoulder work
- Must wear PPE as required
- Maintain a safe working environment. Recognize our customers and Tosca's commitment to safety, pride, and quality work. Assist in maintaining a safe and injury-free work environment for team members, visitors, and anyone working at our facilities.
- This is a food safety-sensitive position. Team members should have a working understanding of their role in supporting the Food Safety Management System and the food safety hazards of the job to which they are assigned.
For over 60 years, we have been at the forefront of the reusable revolution, providing packaging solutions that reduce shrink and optimize the supply chain. Our reusable plastic containers (RPCs) are a smarter packaging alternative for shipping perishable food than outdated one-way corrugated boxes. They improve product protection, lower costs, and are more sustainable than single-use packaging. We offer measurable value to suppliers, growers, and retailers.
Named to the Atlanta Journal Constitution's "Top Workplaces in Atlanta" two years in a row, we promote a culture of positivity and inspire our team members to go above and beyond ... for themselves, each other, and their community. We believe our team members deserve more than just a paycheck. They deserve to work in a fun environment with a supportive team that cares about each other and encourages collaboration at all levels. It's not just about being a great company; it's about being great people and serving a higher purpose. Every Tosca employee can be proud of doing their part to reduce food waste.
||3:00 PM-11:30 PM
Tosca Participates in E-Verify