The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operation is hiring a Fields Services Engineer to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. An active TS/SCI is required; all work is onsite.
- Provide Service Desk support for all IT related issues for both internal and external customers
- Provide updates in tickets in accordance with NASIC/SC policy and resolve all tickets to meet NASIC/SC Service Level expectations
- Provide local registration authority (LRA) for SIPRNet tokens and JWICS PKIs.
- Provide remote diagnosis/resolution of end-user requests/problems in a customer service oriented, team environment
- Open tickets on behalf of the customers that walk-in or call-in if issue cannot be resolved and assign to the appropriate level II or III queue.
- Diagnose and resolve level I and II technical and end-user problems at the customer’s location in a customer service oriented, team environment
- If request/problem cannot be resolved by Touch Maintenance, validate information from customer to include name, location, phone number, computer name and location. Additionally, document all work completed along with fiber information before transferring ticket to queue manager or appropriate Level III and IV support per NASIC procedures.
- Document all outages, errors, maintenance, issues, and contacts in the communications log.
- Perform monitoring (network, system, environmental) of multiple data centers/facilities utilizing a variety of scripts, web-pages, and commercial applications to include notification of subject matter expert (SME) for restoral
- Coordinate response actions and document artifacts for after action analysis.
- Utilize the NASIC trouble ticket tracking system (currently Microsoft System Center Service Manager with plans to migrate to ServiceNow) and the Air Force Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Trouble Ticketing system (e.g. Remedy) to track all customer requests
- Conduct media virus scanning as well as data transfer from various forms of media to include but are not limited to hard drives and CDs.
- Coordinate corrective action required by outside/parent agencies as required
- Be responsible for monitoring, opening, assigning, updating and closing tickets on up to 4 separate ticketing systems
- Troubleshoot assigned tickets using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Provide administrative support as required such as granting/revoking network access and file permissions; performing file/directory restorations; de-provisioning of email accounts; installation of desktop software
- Provide administrative support to user account creation and maintenance to include resetting account passwords and unlocking accounts
- Provide administrative support to users for group policy additions and deletions, org box additions and deletions, folder permission issuance and revocation. Provide desktop support at the customer’s location as required such as adding workstations to the domain, troubleshooting hardware issues, installing drivers; desktop support includes Windows and Red Hat Linux workstations and mobile computing (i.e. laptops and tablets)
- Use the customer provided network monitoring tool (e.g., Solarwinds) to monitor and support various networks and system assets
- Be able to navigate Active Directory and utilize standard Linux based commands
- Replace workstations with like systems and reload all applicable user applications
- Coordinate with other duty sections such as hardware technicians and software administrators when additional Level II or Level III support is required
- Utilize customer provided environmental monitoring system (e.g., Site Scan) to discover and report environmental systems problems
- Follow the Standard Operating Procedures for backup and restoration.
- Physically or remotely log into the system and execute prepackaged Microsoft Installers (MSIs) or follow prescribed flowcharts/checklists
- Provide daily network status reports
- Assist Air Force Network (AFNET) Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) with resolution of Remedy trouble tickets
- Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month
- De-provision accounts, email, and folders as requested across multiple networks
- Act as the trusted agent for all PKI revocations and issuance
- Act as the trusted agent for all SIPRNet token revocation and issuance
- Act as the LRA for SIPRNet tokens and JWICS PKI.
- Virus scan media, transfer data from physical media, and move data between networks per NASIC Instruction 33-201
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (e.g., Security+) certification
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with at least 4 years of work experience
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner *Experience providing IT support for desktop computer equipment and peripherals
- Experience with trouble ticket tracking systems such as Microsoft Service Manger, ServiceNow, or Remedy
- Experience with network monitoring tools
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.