Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer for our Frankfort, Indiana plant to contribute to our Powertrain - Sealings & Gaskets business unit. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the Quality function to assure compliance to company standards and customer specifications.. Our top candidate will have at least five years of experience in quality engineering / quality control within a manufacturing facility.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Reviews scrap to pinpoint problems and recommend corrective action to minimize scrap thereby improving plant performance and risk to customers.
- Responds to customer quality concerns and maintains the required customer-vendor relationship.
- Actively uses G- 8D, FM TIPS, or other customer-required problem-solving tools.
- Maintains familiarity with Quality Management System requirements and works to maintain IATF and all customer certifications.
- Serves as a team member when required and represents the Quality function (on teams such as APQP, Quality Systems audits, new business opportunities, etc.)
- Prepares PPAP, PSO, and other quality documentation for product launches.
- Conducts and provides direction on Gage R & R studies.
- Actively engage with operations in Poke-Yoke implementation and verification activity on the production lines.
- Lead the structured problem solving process for resolution of quality concerns including customer complaints, supplier issues and internal non-conformances and anomalies. Lead root cause analysis and data acquisition/analysis to prevent and eliminate defects.
- Visit customer and supplier plants to expedite quality problem resolution. To include conducting quality system reviews at vendor facilities and analyzing customer processes and material handling as they pertain to the quality performance of our products.
- Develop and maintain effective PFMEAs and quality control plans to lead manufacturing process and quality gate optimization. Utilize these documents to drive continuous improvement for quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Develop and deploy quality drawings, standard work, quality alerts, and other manufacturing documentation for zero defect manufacturing performance.
- Conduct in-plant audits for compliance of all functions to internal, local, divisional, and corporate policies and procedures as related to quality. Also conduct product audits to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Develop and deploy professional training courses on critical quality processes, systems and related topics.
- Conduct capability studies and establish SPC requirements for existing/new equipment and processes.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quality engineering / quality control.
- Gage R&R and calibration experience highly preferred.
- Automotive manufacturing environment experience highly preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled