Monitor and control component inventory and coordinate service schedules to meet shipping requirements needed to satisfy customer orders. Backup the Shipping and Receiving department as necessary. This position is responsible for contributing to a safe work place and minimizing negative environmental impacts by complying with the EHS policies, procedures, work instructions outlined in the EHSMS Training Assessment for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and control inventory of purchased components identifying critical needs.
- Receive and track incoming components updating data in BPCS and required spreadsheets.
- Initiate requisitions for purchased components and work with Purchasing to issue schedules for components to suppliers.
- Must have very good problem solving and resolution abilities, and a good working knowledge of part numbers and part usage and understand applications for use.
- Required skills for inventory organization and inventory cycle counts and reporting, monthly inventory counts.
- Track component deliveries as needed.
- Work with Quality to ensure suppliers of components conform to Federal-Mogul quality standards and procedures.
- Determine disposition of non-conforming materials
- PPAP requirements are satisfied
- Coordinate all Service builds per customer schedules
- Assist with organizing service production schedule
- Create service shop orders as needed
- Coordinate shipping including packaging, labeling requirements and delivery
- Build service shipments/kits as needed
- Prepare all documents in a timely and accurate manner and Interface with Customer Service Manager as well as vendors concerning the requirements needed to meet the customers demand
- Back up to Shipping and Receiving department as directed by department manager.
- Proper operation of equipment to safety and productivity requirements, including but not limited to:
- Lift truck or hand truck to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Operation of stretch wrap machine & bander
- Ensures compliance with all EHSMS policies and procedures.
- Instructs on safe work practices and promotes safety consciousness while practicing safety procedures, enforcing policy regarding safety and making recommendations when needed.
- Sees that company policies and programs are effectively made known; cooperates and assists in the development of effective communications.
- Promotes a positive employer-employee relation.
- Maintains inter-departmental relationships of such a caliber as to promote confidence, integrity and cooperation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to maneuver around plant machinery, work near moving mechanical parts and work in an environment with varying temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities relating to the product, process and quality system and has the authority to stop further work on non-conforming suspect product until the deficiency or conditions have been corrected.
- All employees will abide by their location's EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. All employees will also understand all of the environmental aspects of his/her job. An employee should report, and if necessary stop, any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift less than 2 pounds continuously when loading a line. This is approximately waist to chest level.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on an occasional (approximately one third of the workday) basis, including moving empty parts baskets.
- On a continuous basis must be able to stand and/or walk while loading the line.
- On a continuous basis will sit while operating the forklift truck.
- On a frequent basis must be able to reach, handle, and use fingers while loading the line, and performing quality checks such as orientation of piston on line.
- Must have good near visual acuity, as well as depth perception.
- Most aspects are performed inside the plant facility, with noise exposure at the loud level (4).
The following aptitudes are needed in at least a medium degree, ranging from slightly below to slightly above average as compared to the normal population:
- Form perception/ability to perceive pertinent detail in objects.
- Finger dexterity/ability to move fingers and manipulate small objects rapidly or accurately.
- Manual dexterity/ability to move the hands easily and skillfully in placing and turning motions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to become a licensed forklift truck operator.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. as needed.
- PC spreadsheet and word processing experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Interpersonal skills necessary to interface with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled