Tenneco is looking for a Stamping Press Operator who is responsible for examining completed work pieces for defects, such as concentricity, chipped edges or marred surfaces; sort and record defective pieces according to types of flaws. Ability to read process drawings to determine specifications, such as dies and machine settings to be used and work piece tolerances to be observed.
An ideal candidate for this position is a candidate who possesses a High School diploma or equivalent. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints work instructions, procedures, manuals, etc.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Human Resources to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with the Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Perform all tasks involved in stamping of parts using progressive and single hit die stamping press operations.
- Select and load correct stamping steel on feeder and thread into position inside press bed before stamping dies.
- Position guides, stops, holding blocks, or other fixtures to secure and direct stamping steel and work pieces, using hand tools, and measuring devices.
- Must know how to read calipers, micrometers and height gauges.
- Turn valves to start flow of coolant against stamping areas.
- Start and stop stamping press, monitor its operation, and record operational data.
- Examine completed work pieces for defects, such as concentricity, chipped edges or marred surfaces; sort and record defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Move containers of completed parts to designated storage area and move containers of material scrap to recycling area.
- Observe all safety requirements associated with stamping press and work area.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, decimals, and common fractions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions, procedures, manuals, etc.
- Must be able to perform computer functions including, but not limited to accessing procedures and documents, participating in computer-based training, etc.
- Ability to read blueprints (in-house training).
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail; thoroughness and accuracy (correct components, labels, counts, etc.)
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work in a strong team environment.
- Adhere to local and externally relevant environmental, health and safety laws and policies.
- Ability to use metal stamping measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, height gages, etc.
- Ability to frequently lift 35 pounds.
- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, pushing and pulling.
- Frequent exposure to sharp metal edges.
- Use of tow motor is a requirement for loading coils/dumping scrap.
High School diploma or equivalent.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience running progressive stamping presses preferred.
- Ability to operate a tow motor.
- Ability to frequently lift, bend, stoop, squat, reach, push, and pull.
TENNECO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -- M/F/V/D
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled