Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Plant Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager ensures effective material and service supply according to plant business needs and deploys the division purchasing strategy in four purchasing processes: build a supplier base, help suppliers to progress, integrate suppliers into projects, integrate suppliers into day-to-day operations.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Covers all areas of site's purchasing: production, non-production, overheads, investments.
- Represent Purchasing in New projects implementation, supporting project team to manage third parties ensuring best quotes, best quality and best leadtimes.
- Manages functional or operational actions on family coordination, improvement of purchasing process.
- Direct and manage sourcing strategies from beginning to end. This includes interface with specific commodity teams and plant stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze trends in plant spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings.
- Analyze trends and market conditions for the present and future pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity of goods and services.
- In coordination with Commodity Managers, negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of Purchase and warranties of goods and products with key local suppliers and vendors.
- Manage supplier relationship with exitisting and new suppliers. Negotiate best conditions with commodity managers support to ensure good quality and on-time delivery of the supplied products and achieve budget targets of suppliers (i.e., Parts per Million (PPM), On Time Delivery (OTD)).
- Provide confirmation of part number and volumes for Corporate Commodity Team forecasting inquiries, interface with Corporate Commodity Teams. Establish contract suppliers with Corporate Commodity Teams and manage the Request for Proposal (RFQ) process including tool modifications or new parts.
- Provide financial support to the plant through PPV review, upload, analysis and support.
- Responsible for local supplier management including management of supplier stop-shipment issues (e.g., pricing/payment terms and disputes), escalation and communication of supplier issues to Corporate Commodity Team and supplier on-time-delivery (OTD) issues to Corporate Supplier Quality & Development Team, as required.
- Support ERP Maintenance through RDS codding, ASL new supplier additions, PPV, TVA, TFS and maintain plant price files. Complete local system changes or answering corporate inquiries regarding part coding. Adding a new supplier or part price into the system. Modifying existing supplier and part price files. Managing blocked invoices and resolving pricing discrepancies.
- Provide follow-up and expediting, as necessary, to assure that required price, quality and delivery is obtained.
- Capitalize on all purchasing opportunities, future & current, to create the highest leverage across commodities; set negotiation strategy and direction for commodity negotiation settings, include appropriate team members.
EDUCATION: University degree or college diploma in the field of Engineering, Business or Supply Chain Management
- 5 - 7 years experience in a purchasing Automotive Industry Sector or mass production.
- Strong knowledge of purchasing regulations and laws.
- Strong familiarity and technical competence with purchase management software and/or automated procurement systems.
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled