Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for a Operations Supervisor. First-line supervisor is responsible for hourly production/distribution employees in designated area(s) on a single shift. These responsibilities may include any position with supervisor requirements.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Assure maximum efficiency and quality is attained.
- Coordinates and monitors scheduling of the personnel to ensure proper staffing.
- Coordinating the repair of equipment along with adhering to the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assuring all employees adhere to all plant rules and policies and administering disciplinary actions when required.
- Ensures accurate and correct reporting of production, scrap, and any other required data for their respective shift.
- Provide on-the-job training with the completion of training documentation.
- Ensures employees are adhering to all quality procedures and documents including but not limited filling out check sheets, setup approvals, and 5S sheets.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with department employees, Plant Manager, support services and all levels of management to ensure smooth operation of the process.
- Monitors the work area to ensure that a safe and clean environment is maintained.
- Complete employee performance appraisals and initiate corrective action where needed
- Ensures healthy employee environment and promptly report and resolve issues with respect to HR guidelines.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in a union environment preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled