Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with full year 2021 revenues of$18 billionand approximately 71,000 team members working at more than 260 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Performance Solutions, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to join our Skokie, IL Facility. This position will be a member of a high-performance team dedicated to the development and implementation of a manufacturing excellence road-map which drives the future of the Skokie facility. They will contribute to creating and driving a five-year rolling horizon plan to ensure advanced manufacturing concepts are incorporated, driving out complexity, cost and inefficiency while transitioning to a single piece flow manufacturing as the ideal state.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role.You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our hiring manager.We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Identify, plan, and oversee manufacturing improvement projects to improve plant safety, quality, productivity, and reduce cost for the Skokie site.
- Define project scope and objectives.
- Develop detailed timing plans with functional milestones to support project objectives; execute plan within established timing.
- Create project financial model including capital equipment, investment return, labor and related aspects; manage project spending to established plan.
- Develop detailed project investment plans to achieve favorable ROI and manage project spend to meet plan
- Provide project updates regularly to stakeholders.
- Research and analyze best practices in manufacturing concepts and trends for applicability; stay abreast of latest manufacturing technology and leverage technology to benefit Skokie site.
- Develop and manage project schedules, cross-functional deliverable and detailed timelines.
- Engage third-party vendors to quote and source equipment and services necessary for projects.
EDUCATION:Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing or related field.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years directly relevant experience.
- Strong technical background with passion for manufacturing technology with a desire and ability to envision new manufacturing concepts.
- Proven experience and passion for Lean Manufacturing.
- Excellent project management skills including; developing and managing a project plan, establishing project priorities, working to deadlines and controlling multiple projects in various states of readiness to meet project milestones and deadlines.
- Experience in capital equipment financial model.
- Experience working in cross functional teams in a technical or manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels and channels of the organization to resolve issues and overcome barriers.