Tenneco's Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and Ohlins with 31 of the best known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. This position will provide support to all areas (Engineering - advanced, program, or development; Manufacturing; Commercial; Quality; etc.) where manufacturing technology expertise is required, including launch support, welding, robotics, and customer initiatives.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Support the design, specification, installation, startup and validation of process control systems, electrical systems and instrumentation for capital and upgrade projects. Ensure site specifications are met and that good engineering practices are followed. Coordinate with other engineers, project managers, and suppliers to assure a complete and timely design and implementation.
- Maintaincontrol over systems by assuring maintenance of system documentation.
- Coordinate with Operations to identify requirements for process controls, develop control strategies and implement.
- Research new technologies and procedures relative to automation and controls that could be utilized to improve the business and processes.
- Analyze, compare and select equipment best suited for various applications.
- Troubleshoot control and instrumentation systems to resolve complex equipment issues.
- Provide engineering expertise and technical guidance to maintenance to perform repairs, design changes, or other corrections as a result of troubleshooting or performance evaluation.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve equipment and component reliability.
- Provide training and technical supervision to instrumentation and electrical personnel for automation control systems.
- Develop preventative maintenance and additional procedures in support of systems and instruments installed.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
Skills & Experience:
- 2 years Engineering Experience in Manufacturing.
- Experience working with hydraulics, pneumatics, and/or electrical.
- Experience with welding is preferable.
- Experience with CNC machining, automation, robotics, design, packaging, and/or Welding.
- Working knowledge of autocad, solidwork, CREO, or related programs.
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing facility preferred.
- Experience working with PLCs, HMI, and relay logic.
- Extensive experience in tool/fixture and manufacturing process development with knowledge of CAD or FEA and functional expertise in application of GD&T.
- Process/application knowledge of processes currently utilized in Manufacturing is required. (i.e. welding, stamping, tubing, assembly).