We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Work remotely from a home office, with approximately 40 - 50% travel
- Develop and strengthen relationships at the assigned Strategic Account Partner to capitalize on sales harmonies, leverage nVent scale and drive profitable growth. These relationships should enable you to assess trends/conditions and translate these opportunities to deliver value to nVent.
- Build and implement growth-orientated business plans with Strategic Account Partners by gaining agreement, establishing measures of performance to drive mutual accountability and leverage action plans and KPI's to drive performance.
- Work collaboratively to ensure quality and responsiveness for all of the support provided, and continually strive to improve with the aim of offering a "superior ease of doing business experience".
- Work with cross functional teams (sales, marketing, operations and finance) required to drive sales activity and achieve annual financial objectives.
- Monitors distributor orders/shipments/POS in relation to AOP and initiate corrective actions as necessary.
- Collaborate effectively with local sales teams to execute specific sales strategy and activity.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required
- Ideally 7+ years in an industrial sales management or a distribution management role in the electrical space with WESCO relationships
- Ideally 3+ years distributor sales experience in an electrical, electronic or industrial market, maintaining relationships and handling conflict at a senior level with WESCO.
- Must have proficient written and verbal English skills for all roles including the ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable nVent products in relation to associated channel strategy, electrical/industrial markets, and account management
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thought, problem solving, and critical thinking
- Ability to form relationships and leverage partnerships to drive forward the strategic plan. Consistently demonstrates alignment to organizational strategy to advance opportunities.
- Successfully able to negotiate by collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, and influence, rationale and tact both internally and externally in a selling environment
- Ability to handle distributor conflict while maintaining composure and integrity
- Ability to collaborate with the sales team for successful deployment of business strategy
- Ability to adapt to constantly evolving business circumstances and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment
- Ability to lead all aspects of an account with a positive, "can do" demeanor
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a strong sense of urgency and a result driven mentality
- Ability to take initiative and act independently with minimal direction.
- Valid driver's license required.
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.5 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,500+ people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
Benefits to support the lives of our employees
nVent's pay scale is based on the expected range of total target cash pay for this job and the employee's work location. Total target cash is comprised of an employee's base salary and sales incentive target opportunity. Employee pay within this range will be based on a combination of factors including knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, education, and performance. Where federal, state, or local minimum wage requirements exist, employee pay will comply.
This position is posted in multiple locations and as such, the expected job-based pay scale may vary based on the location per the table below:
- US Standard: $127,400.00 - $236,600.00
- Redwood City California: $152,900.00 - $283,900.00
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.
At nVent, we are committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by national, federal, state or local law.