We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for our Lansing, Michigan plant to contribute to our Clean Air business group. You will be guide process improvements to our manufacturing activities. Our top candidate will have at least two years of experience in manufacturing engineering experience within a large manufacturing environment.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
* Facilitate projects aimed at investigating, analyzing, and implementing process improvements to meet planned run at rates and standard costs.
* Use Lean Manufacturing techniques (5S, SMED, Poke-Yoke) for continuous improvement.
* Responsible for PFMEAs, PPAP, process validation, and calculating KANBAN levels.
* Participate in APQP, Corrective Actions, MRB (material review board).
* Reviews product designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
* Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
* Lead Kaizen teams for process improvements
* Accuracy, good attendance, and attitude of a team player.
* Successful and timely launch of processes, at planned production rate and quality requirements, within budget.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
* Minimum of two years of experience in manufacturing engineering within large manufacturing environment.
* Automotive supplier experience highly preferred.
* Stainless steel MIG, and TIG welding, and experience with welding automation experience is a plus
* Knowledge of GD&T
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Familiar with and able to apply lean manufacturing concepts
* Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78,000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.