Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
IT PMO and Portfolio Management Director
This role reports to the VP Corporate Systems, PMO and Governance and leads the IT Program Management Office and governs the IT Project Portfolio, and manages the Corporate Functions (Finance, HR, Legal, ESG) portfolio. This role works closely with the IT Leadership Team, all shared services delivery teams, as well as partners closely with FP&A (Finance). This role ensures annual portfolio planning, AOP / budgeting, program and project delivery are managed consistently, reliably, transparently. This role continues to advance the roadmap of PMO development and maturity, working toward risk-based-rigor in governance, processes, and oversight and owns PPM tools, templates, and data (including completeness, accuracy, reporting, and PMO and portfolio metrics). This role also is responsible for SDLC, governance, and resource management methods and is accountable for following all PMO processes, delivery and risk management for all projects undertaken on behalf of for Corporate Functions.
- Oversee, develop, maintain and routinely report on program/project delivery governance routines, methodologies, progress, status, metrics for IT enterprise portfolio focusing on consistency cross-functionally and across operating models
- Provide thought leadership, create and advance PMO roadmap,
- PPM tools, templates, methods oversight, continuous improvement, and management of detailed PPM data (resources, allocations, costs, estimates, durations, etc.)
- Lead portfolio AOP planning synched with annual budgeting cycle, including portfolio modeling and management of portfolio and PPM data set (resources, allocations, costs, estimation, duration, etc.); detailed management of financials related to AOP, portfolio
- Lead unplanned, off cycle project demand approval, considering estimates, PMO-compliance, resources across shared services, and alignment to strategic objectives
- Establish tools, templates, methods, and processes related to hub and spoke model of PMO, Project Managers, Portfolio Managers, Demand Managers, Delivery Managers,
- Manage monthly financials for enterprise IT portfolio and ensure program and project forecasting is accurate; partner with FP&A for annual, monthly, and ad hoc requests
- Lead communities of practice for program/project management, portfolio management, and demand management, set expectations including onboarding and training resources
- Lead cross-functional prioritization methods, routines, and communication in support of IT-enterprise portfolio, across demand management, shared services, business units, and functions.
Corporate Functions Portfolio Management:
- Program and Project Manager staffing, resource planning, interviewing, onboarding
- Manage estimation, resourcing, process adherence, benefits realization, risks, communication, escalation, and detailed financials for corporate functions portfolio
- Maintain routines with Demand Managers and Delivery Managers and Shared Services providers to ensure reliable, consistent, and risk-managed project and program delivery
- Shepherd corporate functions projects through all PMO processes including unplanned demand approval and cross-functional prioritization and approval, prioritization, etc.
- Track and communicate progress, metrics, risks, alignment to roadmaps, and transparently escalate risks to CIO, IT leadership, horizontal partners, internal customers
- Closely manage data related to corporate functions portfolio including resource allocation costs, vendor costs, project timelines, changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple levels of stakeholders
- Ability to take complex concepts and translate them to a digestible format as needed based on audience
- Demonstrated delivery experience in project and program management
- PPM tool management, roadmap, and development
- Portfolio, program, and project management methodologies, methods, roadmapping, and metrics development
- Resource management and leveling techniques and tools development
- Ability to build consensus among diverse leaders and manage sensitive situations
- Ability to develop processes for PMO and Portfolio that allow nimbleness and ability to quickly adapt to dynamic environment, changes in priority
- Influences decision-makers to support communication needs through use of correct tone, style, and arguments
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple demanding initiatives concurrently, balancing multiple priorities, working with minimal supervision and meeting deadlines
- 10-12+ years of experience in PMO creation, maturity, and management; SDLC development and agile transformation / methods
- 10-12+ years of experience in program, project management and delivery
- 5-8+ years of experience in Portfolio Management in Information Technology, Security, or Technology-related experience required
- 5-8+ years of experience in process improvement, governance, cross-functional collaboration
- PMP, Lean Six Sigma, or other such certifications preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.