Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
The Executive Director of PMO, Transformation Office will report to the EVP, Chief Transformation Officer and support the Enterprise Transformation initiatives as a project management leader. The Executive Director of PMO, Transformation Office will oversee the Transformation Office's project management teams and will be accountable for the financial and strategic outcomes of project management initiatives in order to produce key deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the creation and implementation of a strategic roadmap for the Office of Strategic Execution and champion adherence to the roadmap.
- Implement, oversee, and synthesize learnings from PMO-wide processes and initiatives (business reviews, deep-dives, etc.).
- Establish the Transformation Office's project management standards and policies that directly align with the enterprise's long-term direction and goals.
- Use extensive project management experience to enhance judgment and decision-making in business-critical moments that have no standard guidelines and be accountable for the financial and operational impact of such decisions.
- Work closely with key program partners and Workstream leaders to implement strategic initiatives.
- Lead Operational due diligence for project execution & steering meetings and consistent formats, partnering with the Workstream leader.
- Ensure adherence to budget and timing of different workstreams.
- Mentor and coach key operational and functional partners to drive the execution of strategies in order to realize measurable improvements in performance and growth.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Program/Project Management, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
Experience: 10-12+ years of experience in program, project management and delivery. 5-8+ years of experience in Portfolio Management in Finance, Transformation, or related field preferred. 5-8+ years of experience in process improvement, governance, cross-functional collaboration.
Professional Certifications: PMP, Lean Six Sigma, or other such certifications preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to take complex concepts and translate them into a digestible format as needed based on audience.
- Demonstrated delivery experience in project and program management.
- Portfolio, program, and project management methodologies, methods, road-mapping, and metrics development.
- Resource management and leveling techniques and tools development.
- Ability to build consensus among diverse leaders and manage sensitive situations.
- Ability to develop processes for PMO that allow nimbleness and the ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic environment and changes in priorities.
- Ability to influence decision-makers to support communication needs through the use of correct tone, style, and arguments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently, balancing multiple priorities, working with minimal supervision, and meeting deadlines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.