We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
What YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this position, you will get to:
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance on CNC machines, ACME machines, automation equipment, stamping presses and basic industrial machinery.
- Troubleshoot, modify, and repair production machinery and equipment.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair as required.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering with process or equipment improvements.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Tool and Die, Engineering, Supervisors and outside vendors regarding projects and repair problems.
- Ability to fabricate, weld, or machine parts as required is preferred.
- Plan and perform sequence of work to install, repair, and maintain a wide variety of production and building equipment.
- Perform work on interior and exterior building/facilities equipment such as air compressors, HVAC units, lighting/fans and facilities restrooms.
- Move and install large machinery.
- Work from engineering drawings, schematics, work orders, manuals.
- Use basic hand and power tools, machine tools and precision measuring equipment.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical or trade school preferred.
- Previous experience in or with:
- 5+ years of Industrial Maintenance Technician Work
- Basic knowledge of PLC's / Basic Computer Skills
- Working in fast-paced, multitasking environments to meet operational deadlines
- Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
- CMMMS knowledge
- Use basic hand and power tools, machine tools and precision measuring equipment
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Physical and environmental abilities:
- Bend, squat down, and reach above your head
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.5 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,500+ people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
Benefits to support the lives of our employees:
- 401(k) Match
- Stock Opportunities
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.