Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with full year 2021 revenues of$18 billionand approximately 71,000 team members working at more than 260 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Performance Solutions, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
We are looking for an Operations Supervisor. The Operations Supervisor will work directly with the department manager and the management team to attain departmental objectives. Interact with production control, quality services personnel, team leaders, engineering, maintenance, EH&S, Human Resources and the Union.
Our recruiting team is ready to act immediately. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through the process quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication.
- Supervise employees and assign work to meet production schedules; provide shift-to-shift continuity.
- Enforce plant rules covered by labor contract; resolve labor problems or promptly refer to Production Manager for resolution; maintain two-way communications between management and hourly employees.
- Ensure safety targets are met through consistent application of team member training, real-time feedback, intervention and record keeping.
- Maintain scrap levels within acceptable limits through the application of quality control programs, use of process documentation, inspection of product quality, and fast reaction to and resolution of quality problems.
- Meet predetermined annual goals in the areas of labor productivity, Equipment OAE, cost reduction, scrap reduction, safety performance, absenteeism and continuous improvement.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining application of lean philosophy and tools.
- Control and audit 5S system.
- Oversee and participate in the training of new employees. Ensure the continuous multi-skill training of team members is completed in adherence to training schedule and maintain training records.
- Coach team leaders and team members in team work, continuous improvement philosophy and ensure that lean production rules are adhered to.
- Provide real-time feedback to team members, counsel and discipline as needed.
- Adhere to all Environmental Health & Safety process, procedures and governmental regulations.
- Learn and understand all policies related to Environmental Health & Safety and ensure team members are compliant.
- Report any observed facility non-conformances to the EHS manager or coordinator.
- Learn and master multiple software systems related to production, quality, EH&S, and HR.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture, and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Potentially work in a noisy, dusty and/or oily conditions/environment with fluctuating temperatures.
- Perform any other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned or required by management.
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree; Bachelor's degree preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to spend considerable periods of time on feet including walking and standing on concrete.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment with fluctuating (warm/hot) temperatures.
- Successfully pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US
- Experience with computers
- Previous experience as a supervisor or lead in a manufacturing environment and/or foundry a bonus
- Previous experience in the automotive or engine manufacturing industry preferred.