Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are looking for a District Sales Manager. This role will implement sales and marketing programs to customers within the assigned area. Contact and make sales presentations to new account prospects. Sell new accounts directly and indirectly. Assist present customers in maximizing sales of products and conduct training sessions for customer personnel. Responsible for merchandising, marketing and promoting the sale of Tenneco DRiV and Motorparts products.
- Profitably grow business within the assigned area.
- Understand and communicate information on all product lines, company policies concerning terms and conditions of sale; including pricing, discounts, returns, credits and warranty.
- Implement marketing programs.
- Development / implementation and execution of customer business plans.
- Maintain current catalogs and price sheets at all levels of distribution.
- Perform market analysis to identify potential growth opportunities.
- Resolve all customer requests/complaints within the area, balancing customer delight against solutions in the best interest of the company.
- Complete all requested/required paperwork/reports in a timely manner, manage in the best interest of the company all assets assigned and utilize good judgement in commitment and spending of company funds.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with company, customer and industry personnel.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including both oral and written communications.
- Strong presentation/training skills with the ability to address large groups.
- Energetic, self-starter.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to stay effectively organized.
- Must possess the ability to convey a sense of urgency and manage plans against goals.
- PC proficient (presentations, spreadsheets, word processing).
- Ability to work effectively under stressful situations.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field is required (sales or automotive aftermarket management, preferred)
- Possess and maintain a valid unrestricted driver's license
- 3 years of proven experience in automotive aftermarket.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of working time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods
- Manual dexterity for computer work.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.